The programs vary from one-day workshops teaching basic biotechnology lab skills, week-long summer camps for junior high and high school students, and mini-research projects for high school and college students, to three-week lab series at high schools. These programs complement the curriculum taught in school science courses and challenge students to think, investigate, and solve problems.
We also provide professional development workshops for teachers and help college students find internship and job opportunities.
- Looking for a 2-year college pathway to lead you towards a lucrative career?
- Searching for a major that offers many different career options?
- A graduate of a 4-year science program in need of hands on training?
- Currently employed in the biotech industry and interested in expanding your skill set?
- Exploring new careers or changing fields?
- Interested in helping others, the environment, animals or to make an impact?
Our program offers:
- State-of-the-art facilities & equipment to provide learning environments that duplicate what you’ll find on the job
- Highly trained professionals and industry experts who will teach you how to find, get & keep a well-paying job in biotech
- Opportunities for internships and on-the-job training in as few as 3 classes
- Hands-on experience
- Professional skills
- High demand skills, such as PCR, Cell Culture and ELISA
- Access to job placement assistance & internship opportunities
For additional information, visit the Fullerton College Biotech website.
Placed here so accordion tabs are closed on page load. Placed by Brain Jar.
WHAT ARE MY ACADEMIC OPTIONS?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Associate degree or certificate completion depends on program unit requirements and
whether student is enrolled full-time or part-time.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost is $46 per unit. Non-resident tuition: $258 per unit PLUS enrollment fees (Non-Resident Tuition includes $19.00 Capital Outlay fee per Ed Code 76141).
Costs may vary; please visit website for more information: http://admissions.fullcoll.edu/fees-refunds/.
WHAT TYPES OF JOBS ARE IN THIS INDUSTRY AND WHAT DO THEY PAY?
For information on jobs in this industry sector and their median annual salaries visit: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
- 1,000+ biotech & bioprocessing companies in Orange County alone
- 25 percent of all biotech positions in the state are employed in LA & Orange County
- The biotechnology industry is one of California’s most promising industries
- Strong projected growth & workers who earn salaries above the state’s average
- Many jobs haven’t been invented yet!
Entry level positions include:
- Research Assistant
- Laboratory Assistant/Technician
- Quality Control Technician
- Bioprocessing/Manufacturing Tech
- Production Technician
- Glass Sterilization/Washer Tech
- Health Technologist
- Food Safety Tech
- Forensic Science Technician
- And many more!
WHAT PEOPLE SAY?
Like what you’re learning?
Get Started Today
Fullerton College offers a robust selection of programs, including over 140 Career and Technical Education options for anyone interested in advancing in a profession, or seeking training for new career opportunities. With guidance from seasoned instructors at Fullerton College, learn and engage in the college’s modern facilities, gain the skills and knowledge to succeed, and thrive in today’s high-demand industries.
News and Events
Learn about what’s new and upcoming events at Fullerton College.
Student and Success Stories
Fullerton College offers its students a comprehensive academic experience, in a real college setting.
Fullerton College is one of the greatest
Character Artist at MGA Entertainment
“I’ve recently become a Character Artist at MGA Entertainment and I owe it all to the Digital Arts CTE program at Fullerton College. Every single class I took helped me build a portfolio that was competitive enough to land me a job where all of my coworkers come from private colleges, and I think that’s pretty cool. Not only are the classes very useful but the professors that teach them are as well. They have endless amounts of knowledge and experience in their fields and are super eager to help their students. I am very proud and grateful to have been a part of the CTE program and I can’t wait to see where I go in the future thanks to Fullerton College.”